4th November 2011
Eurochips is pleased to announce our latest affiliate member, Pillars. Based out of New Zealand, we are particularly impressed with their online work provided to children with imprisoned parents. We’ve included here a brief outline of their work, mission, and website.
Pillars is a charity organisation for children of New Zealand prisoners. Our aim is to offer the support, guidance and encouragement these children need, and deserve, in order to grow into healthy adults and prevent the generational cycle of crime from continuing.
We actively support the family and whanau and children of prisoners through a range of services:
- Helpline 0508PILLARS: Information and advice on courts, prison systems and lending a listening ear.
- Children’s Mentoring Programme: creating a positive, ongoing relationship with a caring mentor from the community and through school to school mentoring.
- Family support.
- Online interactive support for kids and teens.
- Counselling services: working through feelings when someone you care about is in prison.
- Support groups and workshops.
- Ongoing projects and collaborations that enhance the wellbeing of children and families of prisoners.
- Training and technical assistance for organisations in the justice, social services, education and health services.
Ce poste est aussi disponible en: Français