Through our staff and network members across Europe, we work to promote the following initiatives:
- Special child-friendly visiting areas in prisons as well as extended visits for children.
- Accompaniment of children by specially trained volunteers when prison visits are hindered by geographical distances, family conflicts, logistical problems, etc.
- Initiatives that facilitate communication between children and detainee parents, such as increased telephone access.
- Parenting programs such as discussion groups and crafts workshops in prisons where parents can create objects for the child.
- Measures that give parents the means to exercise their parental responsibilities from the time of arrest, and during any subsequent proceedings, by promoting disciplinary measures and custodial alternatives to prison whenever possible, particularly for mothers with very young children.
Ce poste est aussi disponible en: Français