Their Legal Rights
Here you will find charters, conventions and other documents that are relevant to the issue of children of imprisoned parents. This legislation provides a legal framework for the right of children to maintain contact with their imprisoned parents(s).
The list is as follows:
- European Prison Rules
- 2000 Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union
- 1989 UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- 1977 UN Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners
- 2007 South African Constitutional Court Case S v M
- African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child
- 2010 UN Bangkok Rules
- 2014 Italian Memorandum of Understanding
- 2014 European Parliament 25th anniversary Resolution
- 2015 UN Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners
- Council of Europe Strategy on the Rights of the Child
- Irish National Policy Framework for Children 2014-2020
We also provide links on each page to the full text version.
If you are aware of existing legislation relating to the rights of children of prisoners that is not listed, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ce poste est aussi disponible en: Français