Treffpunkt e.V is an organisation working on behalf of children of prisoners in Germany.
Treffpunkt e.V. is a non-profit organisation working in a wide variety of different fields of resocialisation. The NGO provides socio-pedagogical assistance for delinquents, their families and their victims. Treffpunkt e.V. is also a family base which supports, fosters and accompanies young families in all respects.
The organisation was founded in 1991 to assist people affected by delinquency with a variety of professional service offers:
- for family members of prisoners such as individual counselling sessions, support groups, online counselling, father-child-groups in prison and training professionals in dealing with these families
- for young detainees such as coordinating and supervising young people during their court-ordered community service, offender-victim-mediating and assertiveness training
- for adult detainees such as placing and supervising adults during their court-ordered community service and personal assertiveness or anger management training
- for young families such as programmes to support young mothers and pregnant women i.e. in education, vocational training, nurture or legal matters.
Treffpunkt e.V. has a long-term working relationship with many governmental and non-governmental organisations providing assistance to offenders in Germany as well as being in close cooperation with the local police, courts, prisons, municipal youth welfare offices and universities.
- accompany children visiting parents in prison
- run discussion groups and workshops for parents in prison
- accompanying children visiting their parents in prison
- support groups and workshops for parents in prison
- father-child-groups in prison (craft, talk, play …)
- counselling for family members of prisoners (partners, parents, children) and sometimes for ex-convicts
- direct and personal counselling
- telephone counselling
- online counselling
- group meetings for parents of prisoners (including childcare)
- follow-up group meetings for parents and partners after relative’s release from prison
- leisure time activities for partners and children of prisoners
- special online counselling for children with a family member or an acquaintance in prison
- training and workshops for professionals that come into direct or indirect in contact with children of prisoners
Ce poste est aussi disponible en: Français